Who doesn’t love cash back? Start earning it every time you buy gas. GetUpside is a mobile app that partners with gas stations to give you up to 25 cents cash back per gallon each time you fill up your car. Check out my full GetUpside app review for everything you need to know.
Use our exclusive GetUpside promo code CEN3S to earn a $5 cash back bonus on your first gas fill up.
Is The GetUpside App Legit?
The GetUpside app is a legitimate way to earn cash back on participating gas, food and grocery stores. My area does not have grocery and other food offers yet, but there are tons of great gas deals available.
GetUpside offers up to 25 cents cash back per gallon of gas, up to 35% back on restaurant purchases, and up to 15% cash back on your grocery bill.
How does the GetUpside app work?
It’s just four easy steps to use GetUpside:
- Open: Use the GetUpside app when you need gas, items from station convenience stores, or car services like car washes, maintenance, or repairs.
- Claim: Claim the best offer from nearby stations competing for your business.
- Swipe & Snap: Swipe with your regular credit card to purchase and snap a pic of your itemized receipt. No special cards or numbers to remember. No coupons to bring.
- Cash back: Receive cash back on your transactions. Cash out your earnings whenever you want.
After you submit your receipt, offers can take up to 10 days to process. You will be notified via email when your offer and receipt are processed and you have the option to be notified via mobile notification, too.
Use GetUpside Promo Code CEN3S
Sign up for GetUpside using our promotion code to earn even more. After your first gas purchase, you will receive a bonus $5 in cash back.
In addition to the $5 bonus you will earn up to 25 cents cash back on every purchase. GetUpside displays the amount of cash back you’ll receive and the per gallon price of fuel prior to claiming a cash back reward.
How do I cash out my cash back?
GetUpside allows you to cash out your earnings as a digital gift card, PayPal transfer, or mail a check. I recommend cashing out with PayPal so you are not limited to one particular store or restaurant with the gift card. You also do not have to wait for a check in the mail.
Select Cash Out in the app menu or click on your balance to view the available cash out options.
You may be deducted a $1 fee for cashing out small balances. If you cash out with Paypal, there is a $1 fee for a cash out under $15. If you cash out with a check, there is a $1 fee for a cash out under $50.
There are no fees to cash out to digital gift card, but you can only cash out round amounts, ie: $13, $22, etc. Please note certain cards may have certain minimum thresholds.
However, if you refer a friend to GetUpside you are not charged the $1 fee even on small balance cash outs.
What’s the catch with the GetUpside app?
There is no catch. You already buy gas for your car, why not earn cash back each time. Be sure to compare prices in your area to make sure you’re getting the best price when using the app.
Here are some things to keep in mind when using GetUpside.
- GetUpside is meant to get you cash back on purchases you make. Uploading receipts from others is against their terms of service and you will not earn cash back on those receipts.
- Make sure to claim your offer before you make your purchase, and complete your purchase within four hours of claiming the offer.
- Make sure to get a receipt — GetUpside requires a picture from top to bottom of the receipt and that the receipt not be altered or torn.
- Make sure to pay with credit or debit card. Cash or gift cards are not eligible forms of payment with GetUpside.
- If you use another discount, your cash back total will be adjusted.
What gas stations participate in GetUpside cash back?
GetUpside is currently available at thousands of gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores in the US! See a full list of the locations where GetUpside is available: https://www.getupside.com/locations/
Search to see what locations are available near you: https://www.getupside.com/search/